Winnie's Wear Wednesday: Vitamin C Skin Boost/ Instant Smoother


 Alittle Back Story: This week I am featuring a very new to me product that has been around for awhile, but I am totally mind blown by. I am starting with the base of our face, assuming that we have a good skincare routine (if you don't have one, you need one and it does not have to be crazy expensive either), and building our makeup routine from here. I prefer a less is more look and something that isn't going to take me an hour to work on. I have a very active toddler and makeup isn't something that I prioritize to take crazy forever. Also, my body has changed since having my son. I run warmer and hate the feeling of my makeup dripping off my skin. 


The problem with having an olive skin tone is that color matching me takes forever and hardly anyone gets it right. I know matching foundation is difficult no matter what skin color you actually are, but honestly, growing up everything has been very orange or too yellow on me. Its a frustrating thing to feel like your skin tone isn't available. Fast forward to now, and I prefer using a CC cream over foundation (*insert Grinch voice "loaaaaaathe entirely*), but even my CC cream has left me dissatisfied. 
The Review: I'm very much so a person who clamors, "Let the product speak for itself", and I definitely was not disappointed. The bottle itself says it is for "tired, dull, and grumpy skin". If you know me, these adjectives are quite fitting for I am a tired, maybe not dull but I feel it, and grumpy person (see Grumpy from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves for character analysis). I really felt like the serum lifted and smoothed out my skin. If you are a foundation wearer, not like me, this is a fabulous primer that provides some vitamin benefits to your skin, unlike other cosmetic primers. I also noticed that my skin seemed brighter and my tone evened out a bit. My makeup there after went on nice and smooth (see picture below) and quite honestly, I was thoroughly impressed. 

What are the deets: This serum is made for sensitive skin. It is light weight and can be added to any skincare routine because we all need Vitamin C (internally and externally), or you can purchase the whole Vitamin C line which I may be doing in the near future. It is made from the Camu Camu fruit, and if you havent watched Down to Earth with Zac Efron on Netflix I am disappointed and you need to watch him at least try Camu Camu for the first time so you can learn about all it's amazing properties. It retails for $30 which is on par with other name brand primers, but remember this actually provides nutrients to your skin, which I am 100% for. Additionally, one pump is more than enough for my face, and I'm a bit more on the cheeky side because of my heart faced shape, so I will get back to you on how long the bottle actually lasts, but on the real, it's going to last you awhile. Last, but not least, it does not have a pungent smell. It has a delicate fruity smell and my face is as smooth as a baby's bottom. 

This legit is a great addition to anyone's skincare routine, but it also goes great for spa gifts and getting your teenager started into taking care of themselves because you know it is great for all skin types. 






Comments

Popular Posts